Re: [orca-list] App recommendations

29.03.2021 21:37, Reece O'Bryan via orca-list пишет:
Can anyone recommend accessible options for the following:
—Audio and Video Player

I am using vlc.

-Firewall and Antinalware: considering App armor, fire jail, ufw

why you need this on linux? if you need to scan friend's flash drive you can use ClamAV.

-Browser: would like Brave and Firefox

firefox is accessible. Brave should be too because it is powered by chromium.

-An app to monitor processes and applications: in the late 2000’s I used an app called conky. It displayed information about the machine, running processes and anything else you wanted on the desktop. Is there something similar that is accessible with orca?

I am using htop for that.

-Torrent client: from what I have read, transmission seems good.

transmission and it's web interface should be fine.

-Backups: Timeshift(?)

I am using Snapper with btrfs for that. however, setting up Snapper is not for beginners.

-password manager.

I recommend bitwarden.
Somewhat unrelated, but can I choose to do a minimal installation instead of complete installation and just install all of these myself on Ubuntu? Worried that a minimal install may miss installing something that is needed for orca to run properly.

I'm not sure, but I think it will work.

Thank you,

-Reece O’Bryan
C: (502)-827-3724
1645 Parkway, Sevierville, TN 37862

thing in this email is the opinion of myself and does not reflect that of any organization or company I am affiliated with.

This email is confidential and if you weren’t the intended recipient  them please destroy this immediately.

--

Sincerely, Alexander.