Re: [orca-list] Do you want to change the default Orca keyboard layout to laptop ?

I personally don't want to change it, with a huge caveat...

Yes, what I'm suggesting would take work, but I've a few approaches that have already been suggested in the discussion.

1. A setup screen when you boot the computer and enable Orca for the first time

2. The ability to have both Caps Lock and Insert as modifier keys

3. (probably not workable?) To have Orca detect what sort of keyboard is connected and automatically set the right mode. For instance, if I'm on my laptop, Laptop mode. I plug in a USB keyboard, it'd detect and auto switch to Desktop layout, and switch back when said USB keyboard is unplugged. Yeah that's probably a pipe dream, but...