Re: [orca-list] a page where the enter key does not activate a link

I agree with Joanie that a link not responding to the enter key when
it has focus is a bug in the website, not Orca... Fortunately for us
Orca users, Orca has ways of working around such broken web design.

Jose's suggestion of using alt shift K to bring up the list of links
is one such work around. Another is to due Orca+9, Orca+7 to emulate a
mouse click(which also works for clickable elements without properly
coded keyboard events and for text that's supposed to be clicked on
but appears to be plain text as far as Orca can tell... Fortunately
that third failure of good web design is fairly rare(or most examples
of it are easy to miss without making a website unusable). If you go
the mouse emulation route, Orca+9 might not be necessary, but I find
Orca+7 to do a virtual left mouse click is more reliable if I use
Orca+9 to sync the virtual mouse cursor with the reading cursor.

And since I'm nearly certain I don't know all of Orca's tricks, I'm
sure there's at least one work around I'm not aware of.

I also think it worth noting that some websites use JavaScript to
change the content of a page when certain links are activated without
these links tend to produce the usual loading and finished loading
messages, but if JavaScript is active, they might completely change
the content portion of the page without any indicator they've done
anything. Best examples of this behavior I can think of is switching
between different pages on a Kickstarter Campaign and the mark entire
forum read link on some forum software packages(such as the one used
by the forums at twistypuzzles.com), though the latter might only be
present for logged in users.