Re: [orca-list] Strange braille behaviour

[...]
Well, I use mate-terminal, and braille is not disabled in the Orca prefs.

Ok, so you only rely on starting brltty *after* orca for brltty to catch
the output when switching to mate-terminal?  That can explain why the

For some reason it works all the time, wether I start orca before or after brltty. For example, if I restart Orca, the braille session on the terminal is still active and takes the control again.

second is a consequence of the first indeed, I hadn't thought of that
situation.

FWIW, all of this will be simplified by brltty 6.1 and its BrlAPI
priority preference support. Orca already knows how to benefit from it.

Samuel