Re: [orca-list] Change made to flat review copy/append

On 1/22/20 5:59 PM, Kyle via orca-list wrote:

Hmmm. This could be interesting, but it differs somewhat from what I'm used to doing in a web browser, a text editor, etc. In desktop applications that include select, cut, copy and paste, I am able to use shift+arrow keys to select a character or a line and shift+control+arrows to select a word or a paragraph. Something like this is more what I expect from screen readers that implement copying and pasting where it doesn't normally exist, though text mode screen readers do tend to implement a block oriented marking approach as you describe, so this could make sense in situations where standard selection methods don't work, especially terminals and non-selectable info/error pop-ups.

Right, sorry, situations like terminals are exactly what I'm referring to. I often have to copy logs into bug reports and such. My workflow looks like:

1. Find the first line using flat review.

2. Use the copy command.

3. Arrow down to the next line.

4. Use the append command.

5. Goto 3 until I've reached my last line.

So it's down, append, down, append, down, append... Do that for 20 lines of backtrace and your wrists/fingers get a workout. :) It'd be great if I could use Shift-arrow, but I don't think Orca could enable that. You're into buffer modes and such at that point.