Re: [orca-list] orca in manjaro?

Hello Alexander,

Le 17/02/2020 à 11:49, александр епанешников via orca-list a écrit :
do we know why systems installed using tarch are not accessible?
that is to say why orca does not speak on them?

yes we know. please look on my bug report: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/65421

there is also a solution to this problem. you can install espeakup from my repository.

FWIW here is how I ended up solving this in Slint:

1. I ship both espeak and espeak-ng
2. In espeak-ng:
a) I do not symlink the binaries and the static lib espeak-ng => espeak
b) I do not ship the header speak_lib.h
This is done applying the attached patch espeak_ng_Makefile.diff

So, there is no conflict between espeak and espeak-ng.

Additionally, I symlink the mbrola voices from espeak-ng to the ones
of espeak to get additional ones.
This is done applying the attached patch espeak_Makefile.diff

3. espeakup is dynamically linked to espeak.

Additional benefit, espeakup can use the most recent mbrola voices.

Also, this avoid to come across this issue I filed last year:
https://github.com/williamh/espeakup/issues/13

Caveat: this makes espeak depend on espeak-ng.
But that's just something to be aware of.

Best,

Didier