[orca-list] Speech modules

Evening folks

Please correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is that Speech-Dispatcher is now part of the kernel and so are the TTS modules  such as ESpeak. Is that  correct?

I am only asking because today I was surprised to find that Espeak is not installed on my system. I ran which espeak and no path was returned.

Does this mean that if programs use Speech-Dispatcher, they have access to all of the TTS modules without my needing to install them individually?

Thanks for any clarification.

Best wishes

James