Re: [orca-list] Symbol names always sent as English strings

Thanks for the help. Based on the information, I'm thinking that it's some sort of locale issue. There are other things going wrong that seem to be connected. For example, this OS image I'm using, even after changing the system locale programatically and rebooting, has Nano speaking Portuguese and Hunspell speaking English but offering Portuguese suggestions for Portuguese misspellings. So since no one specifically seems to be at fault for sending the English strings, my guess is that the locale is somehow being generated incompletely or is somehow not being changed correctly, which seems to be causing trouble in other places as well.
~kYLE