Re: [orca-list] Arch linux and orca

Jan 11 2019, Michael Maslo via orca-list has written:
Would someone please let me know what desktop environments are accessible with orca and arch linux?
Hey hey Michael,
I have tried several and found mate to be the best yet.
Since I don't start the graphics on boot, I use ~/.xinitrc. You can copy
an example from
/etc/X11/xinitrc
I believe I left everything as it was, I only appended the following
line, right at the end:
exec mate-session
I think I call:
startx
to start the graphics.

Are there any special steps I will need to take to get it to work?
I believe I needed to do to start Orca automatically. IIRC I added
~/.config/autostart/orca-autostart.desktop
and put the following in it:
[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Name=Orca screen reader
Exec=orca
NoDisplay=true
AutostartCondition=GSettings org.gnome.desktop.a11y.applications
screen-reader-enabled
X-GNOME-AutoRestart=true
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;MATE;Unity;Cinnamon;LXDE;LXDE;LXDE;

On the other hand, that might no longer be necessary.

Hope that helps.

Best wishes,

Jeanette

 * GitHub: https://github.com/jeanette-c