Re: [orca-list] Orca's next paragraph keystroke

Hi Adri.

For web content, Orca's p command moves to the next element with the accessible role of paragraph. For other text blocks, o should work. If the thing is a group of links rather than a bunch of non-linked text, there is admittedly not a command for that. If you know you're looking for links, u (unvisited link), v (visited link), or k (any link regardless of state) can be used.

If, hypothetically, I were to create a command and bind it to Ctrl+Up/Down, how would Orca reliably identify what a paragraph (using your word) is. How would that be different from something with the accessible role of paragraph? And how would it also be different from where you land when you press o? I cannot make a new command without a very clear definition of what that command should do.

Lastly, as Alex already mentioned, Orca doesn't have a virtual buffer with its own, self-created paragraphs. Instead it looks at the accessibility tree.

--joanie