Re: [orca-list] how to force Speech-dispatcher to support Libao on Arch Linux

You don't need to rely on the packaged version in Arch. You can
certainly choose to recompile any package with different options.

Often the easiest way to perform this is to look for the github version
of a package. When that exists you are presented with the opportunity to
edict the configuration and Makefile before compilation and
installation.

There is a speech-dispatcher-git available in the Arch User Repository
-- the AUR. You need to configure your pacman environment to access
AUR packages. One place to start might be this web page:

https://aur.archlinux.org/?setlang=ru

I would warrant that all Arch users use AUR packages and that most of
use one or another AUR pacman helper package to make that easier. Learn
about helper packages here:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AUR_helpers

I continue to find pacaur useful for this myself, speaking just for
myself.

Janina

Orca screen reader developers writes:
Oh, thank you for yours advice.
Because for now, I do not get any bug, Espeak simply do not speak.
So Arch Linux packagers did not added command line option to compile
speech-dispatcher with support for Libao.
So I have The luck, that Debian developers have managed this and
Speech-dispatcher have been compiled with Libao support.
And I have also very big luck, that somebody have created libao library.
Thank you very much for yours patience with Me.