Re: [orca-list] Using Orca or other screen readers with router operating systems

I am not sure what  the perceived problem is.
To interact with a router one just uses a browser or in the case of what I
think you want to do ssh. Install openssh client, I usually put the server pkg
on my machines as well, on what ever machine you will use and depending on
what you are using for the router os ssh in or just use a browser to connect
to the router's web interface. Speakup works great with ssh connections as
long as there is not a lot of latency. In the case of latency issues you will
need to use review keys to check your position, i.e. the arrow keys often are
off by a character, when moving through text or menus.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  tim wrote:
Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 02:23:57AM +0000

   Hello all, so I was curious and maybe some of you might have more
   experience than I do, but I have an old HP machine, we're talkin 256 Megs
   of ram, Windows XP Home! That just screams security holes! Everywhere LOL,
   20 or 30 gig hard drive, the list goes on, but anyways I'm wanting to turn
   this box into a router, and I'm investigating zeroshell, which appears to
   have a menu-driven interface, with a web GUI. I'm not sure how feasible it
   would be to get Orca or even speak up working in such an environment, or
   if it's possible, but my options appear to be limited, unless someone
   knows otherwise. I don't know about unTangled, or the x86 version of
   DD-WRT, or even router OS for that matter. I suppose I could just wipe it
   clean, and install Ubuntu server, but I'm kind of looking for the router
   approach, something that has the radius server, captive portal, hotspot,
   Etc all built-in, and of course I could configure it as needed, I'd
   personally at this moment rather not run the free radius route, and have
   to install slash configure everything. But does anybody have any
   suggestions or ideas? I greatly appreciate it