Re: [orca-list] Skype

I was able to sent text messages using Whatsapp Web. I used Chromium with ChromeVox enabled. I couldn't get it to send voice messages or make calls though. I did get Hangouts to work via its website, also using Chromium. I tried with Firefox, but although everything is there, I couldn't get anything to work here.

As for Microsoft, I just don't have an account with them, and don't have any plans of getting one. I just tell people who ask me that I don't have a Microsoft account. I've never regretted not having an account with them, nor have I regretted not using any of their products, especially since all that hot air rushed out their blowhole about accessibility and yet their products are now trending toward inaccessibility from what I've read. That said, apparently their business products may be using the enterprise standard SIP protocol, although I don't know how well that works, or if it does at all. I think Ring may be the best Linux SIP software these days, and any SIP provider is supposed to talk to any other, just like anyone with a phone number is supposed to be able to talk to anyone else with a phone number or anyone with email is supposed to be able to send messages to anyone else with email. In fact, if you can get the credentials, your cell provider is likely using SIP for its voice over LTE and wifi calling as well. It is still one of the best protocols for voice communications, and is still considered to be an enterprise grade solution. I still highly recommend it for everyday use, as it's far more interoperable than people seem to think ... it just doesn't get the marketing at the "consumer level" that it deserves.

Imetumwa kutoka simu yangu