Re: [orca-list] Orca in Linux Mint 19

    Have you tried bringing up a terminal and starting Orca? For me with some distros it takes a few tries of doing that to get Orca to stay on.

Here's how I personally do it.

1. Boot live USB/installed system

2. Ctrl+alt+T to open terminal

3. orca --replace

4. If the screenreader shuts off, repeat step 3 until it stays on.

5. If step 4 fails, try the Mate desktop version of Mint or reset system and try again. Strangely I've had Orca work fine after powering down a live session and resetting the system..

I'm not sure what the progress on Cinnamon being useable is, last I heard was it was being worked on a while ago so any updates to that, I'm wondering what the status is on Cinnamon.