Re: [orca-list] speechd-el vs emacspeak.

Hello,

I have never used emacspeak much except of some little testing.
Some two years ago I got an inspiration from Will Estes to look into Speechd-el and yeah! I like it verry much although there is still a lot of to learn in order to be proficient with it.
I am now using emacs gnus for emails, for some text files / org-mode documents editing. I can do terminal work inside emacs, some basic file and folders manipulation (yes, I haven't yet mastered dired), using twittering mode for twitter and perhaps a few more little things.
Here is the Will's message I'm talking about: https://mail.gnome.org/archives/orca-list/2015-October/msg00288.html

And here is a first article of my still unfinished series on emacs with speechd-el: https://pvagner.tk/2016/emacs-a11y-tip-1-introduction-and-how-to-install

Greetings

Peter

For upcoming Slnt64-14.2.1 I have prepared an emacspeak package.

But there is also  a competing app called speechd-el:
https://devel.freebsoft.org/speechd-el
I could provide it as well, or replace emacspeak with this one.

So, folks having used both, which one do you prefer and why?

Do they address the same needs and use cases or not?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Didier