Re: [orca-list] skypeforlinux

Hello,

Skypeforlinux is not a traditional desktop app. It is built using web technologies and packaged using electron as a desktop app. Electron includes a minimalist chromium engine for rendering the web app. On linux chromium and electron don't support native platform accessibility yet. There is a hope it might change one day however there are no additional details known that migh support this argument.

Greetings

Peter

Dňa 20. 3. 2017 5:38 PM používateľ "John G Heim" <jheim math wisc edu> napísal:
Has anybody had any success using the new skypeforlinux? It is still in beta but I have to support like 100 linux users and many of them are clammoring for skype on their office linux workstations. When I run skypeforlinux, I get nothing from orca. Via a light detector, I can tell it opens a very bright window and that window responds to keystrokes.

John G. Heim; jheim math wisc edu; sip://jheim sip linphone org