Re: [orca-list] Skype for Linux

Tyna Pelletier-Bilodeau <ecole tyna gmail com> wrote:
as I said before, the new skype client isn't accessible because it's a
simple bundled web-app that uses chromium, stripped to a bar minimum to only
allow you to get on web.skype.com. You can't install chromevox in there. You
better install the real chromium and add chromevox in there, you'll get the
same result. And it's fully accessible.

Also, if Microsoft implement WebRTC properly, you should be able to use
Firefox to make Skype connections. Recent versions of Firefox support WebRTC.
I haven't tried WebRTC with Firefox and Orca on any Web site yet, so I can't
comment on how reliably this combination works.