Re: [orca-list] rersion of orca master

It does install latest orca master freom git, and there's a prefix line in the PKGBUILD file.
HeAmir has been installing stable from repo, has nothing in local, but should be able to modify
the prefix line
but this will make the master version install to local giving it priority by default, and it
conflicts with the stable orca and thus will uninstall it.
I recommended to just keep
a backup of stable and reinstall it if he ever does not like how master is working. As long
as the package is available locally it will install quickly, and similarly keep the tarball
created by his AYR helper, packer, yaorut, or whatever similarly ready to reinstall so he
does not have to wait to recompile.
Master changes so often however that I'd want to script the saving of the tarball for master,
or actually just make a bash_alias, e.g.
alias ogb="mv ~/orca-backs/orca-git*tar.xz  ~/orca-backs/orca-git*tar.xz.old && cp
/tmp/packerbuild-1000/orca-git/orca-git/orca-git-*any.tar.xz ~/orca-backs/
I put the whole alias on one line, but you might want or need to use a backslash to put it in to your aliases
file, or remove the && and put it in to a script to run after installing a new orca-master.
You could put in a couple more lines to remove old orca-git packages checking them by age if you go the
scripting route.
Double check spelling as I typed quickly and did not proof read or test the example alias.

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  José Vilmar Estácio de Souza wrote:
Wed, Feb 01, 2017 at 10:49:49AM -0200

Hi.

You need to specify the prefix in the ./autogen command.

I use the following shel to compile and install orca in my environment:

#!/bin/bash
make clean
./autogen.sh -prefix=/data/software/orca3/arch2/
make && make install

You need to adjust the prefix in the autogen.sh command.

Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect that your orca was installed in /usr/local
directory.

You can also try orca-git, a package available in the aur repository.

I never test this package but I suspect that it installs orca from git.

Let me know if you need some help to install this package.

Thanks.