Re: [orca-list] Orca VERY sluggish with some lists (especially in its own preferences)

Thanks Jeanette.

I just did a grep on your debug.out:

  $ grep -roP "(?<=TOTAL PROCESSING TIME: )\S+" debug.out | sort

That time reflects the time it takes to process the event from start
(what is this event? do we care? should we present it?) to finish
(generate braille, generate speech, and send it off to brltty and
speech-dispatcher).

There is one crazy-long delay but that should already be fixed in
master. (Related aside, 3.24.0 is stable. My guess is you're missing a
number of bug fixes.)

Not counting the above, there are a few items which are taking one third
of a second, which is not great and I'll see if I can trim that down.
Are those delays what you are describing as "VERY (all caps) sluggish"?
If so, again, I'll see what I can do. But if the sluggishness you are
seeing is a second or longer, then I don't *think* it's Orca itself. It
might be AT-SPI2 or Gtk+.

--joanie