Re: [orca-list] Setting up Orca on ArchLinux

I have Orca working with Arch. I use Mate for my desktop. I tried
getting Gnome to work for a while, then gave up and switched. Mate
worked right away.

Since you know the console, I'd recommend starting there. If you use
Speakup, kill it in a console window then run:

$ startx > x.log 2>&1

You'll also find a log in /var/log/Xorg.0.log

The `spd-say` utility speaks a line of text with Speech Dispatcher.

$ spd-say Hello

Orca also has the `--debug` switch.

When you start X, it will load in another console. You can switch to
another console with ctrl-alt-F1 for example. I hope some of this helps.