Re: [orca-list] Orca and terminal text editors

I suggest using Speakup with the terminal if you can, including using Vim or Emacs or pretty much anything else you'd use by way of the terminal. Orca's a great program, but I almost never use it in the terminal except to run my speakup script after booting up and loggin in. I often find that I get more information, or at least get it more easily, when on the command line in a text console using Speakup than when using Orca in gnome-terminal.

I'm not faulting Orca, by the way. I think it's a problem with the graphical terminal, since I see it using the Windows command line with JAWS. Many times, I don't hear much output from a command using the command prompt on the Windows box, and sometimes none at all.

Hope this helps.

Al