Re: [orca-list] C(++ And orca?

Hello.

Although it won't work with Orca, I would suggest to take at look at Emacs + Emacspeak. If you don't know, Emacs is a very powerful text editor which provide dozens of functionalities (some of them that aren't restricted to text editing features such as reading e-mails, navigating through the internet and so on). Emacspeak, roughly speaking, is a subsystem that add accessibility to the Emacs by providing several audio features such speech, audio cues, keybindings that help blind developers to interact with Emacs and so forth.

Although the learning curve may be long, the benefits are very interesting. I'm a software engineer and I work every day with Emacs. I'm very satisfied with the functionalities of this editor and I regret for not having used it before. Since Emacs is originally a text editor for terminals, it is very suited for blind developers. You do everything within text buffers (from coding, navigating in the file tree to reading Slack messages or issuing Shell commands) through homogeneous commands or keybindings. In summary, there are not annoying distractions or complexities that are so common in graphical based environments.

I don't work with C++, but I've mentioned it because Emacs supports lots of programming languages and C/C++ is one of them.

Best regards.

Alan Ghelardi