[orca-list] dm in Mate is totally mute, no login hint

dear all,
I have switched to useing Mate and I am so far prett happy.
There is only one problem which irritates me.
I see that the login prompt comes but neither Orca speaks nor there is the drum roll sound. I feel some other people may have also faced this problem but I am not aware of any solution myself.
Any tips?
By the way this is Ubuntu-mate 15.10 and I have also taken all the updates.
Another small issue is that when I press alt_f1 I don't here Orca saying "menu " or some thing similar.
I have the redmon interface setup.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.