From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Øyvind Lode
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 2:42 PM
Cc: orca-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [orca-list] Use Linux as a daily driver

Hi:

On 27 January 2016 at 20:16, Krishnakant <krmane openmailbox org> wrote:
I have been trying to grab Ubuntu 15.10 but I don't get a clean iso
image, so I guess there is some problem on the server there.
But Gnome 3.16 does very well and I pretty firmly can say 3.18 does
great as well.
I downloaded Ubuntu 15.10 64-bit from one of the Norwegian mirrors and the image works fine.
I wrote it to a USB flash drive and booted into Ubuntu on my laptop to take it for a spin.
I found that some of the system applets or whatever they are called did not speak.
Orca just said "image" but the clock, bluetooth status, battery status and volume read just fine.
One of those just speaking image were the wifi applet.
However, I figured out which was the wifi applet and connected to my network.
I then started firefox and surfed the net just to get a feeling on how Orca performs.
I have not installed Ubuntu 15.10 yet though.
I ran it from the usb flash like a live cd so to speak.