[orca-list] Another pain point: how do I reach Firefox alerts?

Something else I'm having a hard time with under Orca master and Firefox 43.0.3.

I can't reach the various alert bars that appear at the tops of pages. At the moment I have 2, one asking if I'd like to enable search suggestions and another prompting me to install an addon. These aren't in the tab order, nor can they be reached with f6/ctrl-f6/alt-f6. I also can't route the mouse to them and simulate clicks on the various affirmative actions.

Is there some other trick to accessing these? Under Windows/NVDA they weren't always apparent but they almost always appeared in the tab order. Further, they were always read when they appeared, and now I'm only noticing them using flat review. I use Passifox to interface with Keepass, for instance, and if my Keepass process ever crashed I'd immediately hear an alert that the Keepass connection was lost right when it happened. But under Linux these alerts just sit there unspoken. Is there an upstream Gecko bug tracking this that I can follow, assuming the problem is upstream?

Thanks.