Re: [orca-list] Most accessible IDE for java

On Tuesday 20 December 2016 10:09 PM, Tom Masterson wrote:
To make accessibility universal there are a couple of things that need to happen.

1. We need to make it part of the education system and start teaching it's importance and how to do it as part of coding classes. It is not taught and therefore not even thought of by most developers.

One major point in my litigation.  We must make it part of education.
2. Make it easy if not almost automatic so that developers don't have to spend extra time adding it. Especially when using an IDE it should automatically add at least some form of accessibility items even if it is something silly like "button" for a button but atleast get something there. When designing a User interface adding accessibility should be just as easy as dropping a widget on the screen and at most filling in some extra info which should come up as part of the other stuff used for building the widget. When you are coding on short timelines having to think about and spend extra time adding other classes or otherwise to make something accessible does not fall into the plans.
Let's have some one document Orca, at-spi etc.
Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.