[orca-list] Any Ideas about Flat Review?

Hi,

I've been finding flat review a lot of extra work. Here is my workflow whenever I'm trying to look at rapidly changing screens:

1. Enter a command. The best way to reproduce this is to install something large with pacman or apt-get. 2. Read the screen, say, to see how much of the data is downloaded. What you see is actually different than what is on the screen. You have to leave the flat review mode and then review again to see the new status. So for example, to see how much of the file has been downloaded, every time I have to press caps lock plus P, and then caps lock plus I, instead of just caps lock plus I.

Is there a way to remove the need to explicitly turn review mode on and off, and always have review mode up-to-date with what's on the screen? This feels like I'm interacting with snapshots of the screen at one moment, which is not easy as I always have to validate the data I'm hearing. How I usually do this is to use what I think is another Orca bug: navigating letter by letter in this case gives me a different piece of data, which seems to be more recent.

Thanks.