Re: [orca-list] bug with this bbc site:

Yes, I noticed this  quite some time ago. I use get_iplayer for almost all of my video watching.
For those not familiar with get_iplayer it lets one see an index of available shows, audio as well as vids I
think although I've only used it for videos
myself. I think you can stream the programs, but I always download them.
For those on Ubuntu and probably just about any distro with the exception of arch and friends you will need
to get an extra ppa if available, or
download the package's latest release as due to fairly frequent changes in how the BBC does things old
versions do not work at all.
Here is a ppa I found online just now for Ubuntu, but the post was almost two years old/not sure if it still
works or not/ I'v usually installed from a
package I downloaded on Ubuntu and related distros.
sudo apt-add-repository ppa:jon-hedgerows/get-iplayer

   sudo apt-get update

   sudo apt-get install get-iplayer

In case installcommand does not work try using underline instead of dash as the package has been called
get_iplayer when I've downloaded it, can't
remember for sure about arch naming. OK, just checked and on arch it's called get_iplayer

This program is highly configurable, but most defaults are going to be fine for most users I think. OK
citizens outside of the UK will need to use a
proxy, or ssh in to a UK based computer to get video content due to the UK licensing  rules. I'm an honorary
UK citizen aren't I? Most audio content is
available worldwide.
In the past I've run in to problems with dependencies on Ubuntu Lucid, but Precise and newer should work.
Regards,

--
     B.H.
   Registerd Linux User 521886

  Majid Hussain wrote:
Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 11:36:32AM +0100

heya,
i'm using orca master on sonar mate.
stepps to reproduce,
1.
go to
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p034162z
2.
when the page has loaded, try to navigate to the imbedded media player.
3.
what should happen,
orca should present the buttons of the player.
what it does,
orca says blank
instead of the controlls.
it is my first time reporting a bugg, if this is not enough
information, then i'll try to add more.
my thanks,
Majid Hussain