[orca-list] OT, removing a partition on an SD card

Hi,
I have an 8GB SD card, and somehow I messed up with the disk utility in
Ubuntu, and it now has a small partition that I cannot get rid of.
When I go into fdisk and try to remove a partition, it says no partitions
are defined.
And when I try to add one, it says
warning partition one has empty type
So I tried using DD
I used the command:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sdc
It went for a long time, and still did not remove the problem.
I tried the shred command, and it gave me an error that I did not
understand, it referred to eshred or something like that, and I ran that,
and it could not fix it either.
I hope someone can help, this is the only micro SD card that I have right
now.
I have used it, by putting some images onto it, but it was in getting rid of
the images for another that seems to have messed it up.
I have only had this for a couple weeks, so it has not been written to that
much.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Glenn