From: orca-list [mailto:orca-list-bounces gnome org] On Behalf Of Michael Weaver
Sent: Thursday, February 26, 2015 12:42 PM
To: orca-list gnome org
Subject: [orca-list] playing videos in ubuntu

I have unfortunately had to go back to Ubuntu as for some reason each time I have to do a fresh install of
Sonar I seem to have problems getting first updates and I think the last times I tried Sonar it had a problem
checking certain servers so I am wondering if this was the problem with updating properly.
The main problem I am having with Ubuntu seems to be using video codecs to play classic DVDs.
I just tried to play a DVD after installing the ubuntu-restricted-extras codecs and VLC Media Player but when
I launched VLC I got the following error message even though I obviously do have an internet connection which
I have used for downloading emails and doing updates so it is strange I am getting this.
Data files for some packages could not be downloaded

The following packages requested additional data downloads after package installation, but the data could not
be downloaded or could not be processed.

ttf-mscorefonts-installer

This is a permanent failure that leaves these packages unusable on your system.  You may need to fix your
Internet connection, then remove and reinstall the packages to fix this problem.
How do I resolve this?