Re: [orca-list] which distro for testing orca

According to Andy B.:
# The last time I had Arch installed, I couldn't get Gnome/orca
installed and running. By default, I went to the shell instead of Gnome.
Is there a way to fix that?

Sounds like you may have forgotten to enable gdm. Once the gnome and
gnome-extra groups are installed, you need to enable a display manager
in order to get a working system that displays a graphical login prompt.

systemctl enable gdm

as root will do this. Note that you will still need to press alt+super+s
once that screen comes up, so reboot the system, give it about a minute
to a minute and a half and then press Orca's hotkey to start it
speaking. If you still have problems, you may need a speech-dispatcher
configuration in /var/lib/gdm, but I'll answer that question only if
it's needed. Most likely it should just work at this point, so info
about a separate speech-dispatcher configuration directory should no
longer be needed. Hope this helps.
Sent from my coffee maker
--
"Don't judge my disability until you are able to see my ability."
~Kyle: https://kyle.tk/