Re: [orca-list] Arch linux mate, orca issue

On Sat, Feb 07, 2015 at 08:37:28AM AEDT, Kyle wrote:
That should be correct. The version I have here is 0.8.1 as well, which
shows a build date on Arch of the 11th of October. This was said to be
the version that fixed libao, as it was previously only available from
git. Apparently there was a fix to the pure alsa code as well in this
version. Thanks for the clarification, as I was sure that only libao
worked correctly now.

No, this is incorrect, the alsa driver is still likely to be crash prone. The last actual code changes to the
alsa driver were back in 2011, and that was just refactoring the location of source files.

Luke