[orca-list] accessible Facebook messenger

Hi all,
when I started using Linux, I used Pidgin messenger for Icq, and
FaceBook. Now when I connect to Facebook, I never get a list of my
friends and I can not chat. But I am online, because I can change my
status without errors. Can you recommend some working accessible
alternative? I know Empathy, but I do not like it. I have pidgin
0.10.9, which is outdated, but I do not know, how to build newer
version (0.10.11) from source. I use xmpp for connectiong to Facebook.
Thanks,
Pavel V