Re: [orca-list] Internet radio broadcasting clients that work with orca

Hello,
I am not a professional deejay, technician however I like playing with stuff. Occassionally we are broadcasting little shows with friends. Originally I was using Winamp to play music and broadcasting using edcast under windows. Later on I have discovered an opensource app called Mixxx ( http://www.mixxx.org/ ). This is partially accessible. It uses QT4 for its UI. It is working well in windows and also in linux if you have got qt-atspi installed. It is targetted primarily at deejays gigging in the clubs however it features two decks ability to do voice overs via microphone, it allows prelisten on a multichannel sound card, it directly supports broadcasting to shoutcast / icecast. So it can also be used for a broadcasting radio shows. Recently I have installed jack audio kit on my laptop running arch linux and when tweaking jack connections I can configure my system so I have ability to broadcast the show and also do prelistening on the single laptop with built-in soundcard. Of course the sound output coming out from the speaker includes the sounds of screen reader and also prelisten stuff but the broadcast only contains what it should. Mixxx is in the debian / ubuntu / arch repos so it can be installed very easily.

There is also GTK based Internet DJ console ( http://idjc.sourceforge.net/ ) running on linux. This is targeted at those wishing to master live radio performances. It features multiple decks, sampler for jingles, ability to use microphone, ability to broadcast and even ability to connect voip calls into the air. I havent tested this my-self so I don't know whether this is usable while orca is running. I also don't know whether it is available as a package for any distro.

Greetings

Peter