Re: [orca-list] Orca text-to-speech in a new language?

Den 10/02/2013 05:26 PM, Jonathan Duddington skrev:
If so, then that suggests that espeak's Danish voice needs some help.
The eSpeak Danish voice does pronounce the word "vi" correctly, so it
sounds as though you're using the eSpeak English voice, not the Danish
voice.

Danish is a difficult language for speech synthesis, but Peter Bjarkov
has done a lot of work on the eSpeak Danish voice.  Try eSpeak 1.47 or
later.
http://espeak.sourceforge.net/

Thanks to you and to Joanmarie, Fernando and Alex too for your helpful
suggestions.

It turns out that the pronunciation is indeed not as wrong as I thought.
After switching the language settings I had to switch the "Person"
manually as well.

The reading in eSpeak 1.46 is still rather monotonous and roboty, so
I'll start by installing the newest version and present it to our customer.

Best,
Carsten