[orca-list] Typing on focus 40 brailld siaplay with orca 3.8.1 on Fedora 19

Hello list,
I have a focus 40 blue braille display that I am trying to get working with orca. It completely works on my nexus 7 running ubuntu 13.04. I have noticed, however that after I create the /etc/brlapi.key file with su -c "mcookie > /etc/brlapi.key ; chmod 644 /etc/brlapi.key", orca will display the on-screen events, but when I try to type or use the rockers to move up and down, I hear a beep from brltty, but orca does not respond or interact with any graphical content. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for your help in advance.

Sincerely,

Daniel Nash