Re: [orca-list] Issues with Qt (was Re: Another call for testing master)

Hello,
On 11.11.2013 15:55, Joanmarie Diggs wrote):
That is due to a Qt bug combined with a removed hack in Orca. Objects that claim focus need to have two accessible states: * focusable * focused At least in the case of the tree in question, both of these states are absent. In order to not introduce a regression, I have just created a Qt-specific toolkit script in Orca and will put Qt-specific hacks there. On a related note, it might not be possible to put Qt-specific hacks anywhere else (e.g. an app script). Because at least in the case of VLC, we're not getting any accessible app name.
Yes it's a limitation but I think most of the QT apps have these bugs all present. Back in the days when I was trying to script a QT based app so it might work better with NVDA on Windows I have created a hack which enabled reporting of individual cells while navigating in the tables and later on we have discovered it's okay to move that into a toolkit module rather than app specific one.

If you have a chance to do so, I'd appreciate it. Based on the above, I fear there may be other accessibility issues on the Qt side that Orca is no longer hacking around in its default script.

Okay I have came over preferences of VLC and mixxx my favourite QT4 apps. I am quite surprised because I have found almost no more regressions. Unfortunatelly comboboxes still don't speak their value change however I think you dojn't want to hear this at this point because it's been working like that since I'm using linux including orca 3.10. Also tab lists and the tabs inside are not announced corectly when focused e.g. the first tab is announced each time the tab control receives the focus. This tab lists issue is also present ever since I know QT accessibility. It's working like this on both linux and windows. Sliders, spin buttons, radio buttons, groupings and edit fields are working well. What I have noticed that radio menu items such as audio devices in VLC don't anounce its state whether they are selected or not.

Later I will also try a QT5 based transmission QT to see how it works.

Greetings

Peter