Re: [orca-list] orca best practices

You can get CTRL+ALT+backspace working if you reconfigure I think the
xorg package.

Bill
On 03/20/2013 01:57 PM, John G. Heim wrote:

Okay, so I got the gnome-classic menu working on my debian wheezy
system. But I still don't know how to log out.  The system menu that was
in previous versions of gnome is gone. Googling shows me that it can't
be restored. I don't exactly approve  of that but my main problem is
that I don't  know what I am supposed to do to log out.

BTW, I've been logging out by switching to a text console and
restarting gdm3, "/etc/init.d/gdm3 restart". After that, orca doesn't
work but I found if I also kill off speech-dispatcher processes ownd by
the end user (not a daemon), orca works again.

Boy, my end users are not going to like this new gnome desktop. You
really ought to be able to get the old gnome desktop. A few of them
complained bitterly when Alt+Control+Backkspace  stopped working. I sure
wish those gnome developers would stop messing with us.