Re: [orca-list] VINUX-SUPPORT: RE: Ubuntu Unity Desktop to go to Mir and QT

On 7/23/2013 4:31 PM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
I do not work for Canonical, and my statements on this or any list have never been anything other than my own opinions. I don't know any more, and never have, about the plans for Unity accessibility than anyone else

Bummer. I was really hoping you would know. Sorry to jump down your throat there. I really should not have sent that message. I reread my message and see how you construed what you did from it. Also, for the record, I fully recognize and appreciate all the hard work of the developers of the Ubuntu community who freely give of their time to make things accessible. However, it was disappointing to finally have gotten a very accessible port of Unity in 12.04 only to be told that we were back to poor a11y in other versions of the distro for at the very least 2 full years. This was at a time when Vinux, Ubuntu and Debian were the only distributions that could easily be installed without requiring advanced Linux skills. In fact, Vinux 4 wasn't even out yet so, really, you just had Squeeze and Precise as fully released and stable distributions that fit my description.

Pax,
Alex M