[orca-list] tried knoppix, failed to achieve my goal

Hello,

So i gave knoppix a try, and managed to make it speak (aka activating adriane) But it failed to load up my partitions, and it keeped saying that it cannot mount them. As i'm looking for a rescue disk for my windows, i don't think knoppix is a good idea then, because it doesn't even let me to open my hard partitions.

Do you have any idea that which distro should i try for system rescue, as a live CD?

I will appreciate your help
Thanks.