[orca-list] Thunderbird and Calc crashes on Ubuntu 13.04

Hello all,
Finally, I got to install Ubuntu 13.04.
Orca 3.8.0 is really much better than orca 3.2.0 specially on Firefox.
The feature to list web elements is really wonderful. I  congratulate
enthusiastic Orca developers for this big achievement.
When I started the usage, everything seemed to be good. However,
Thunderbird and Calc started to crash. "Thunderbird stopped working" -
this is the message. Between the moment I run Thunderbird and the orca
annoucement, perhaps, 40 seconds go by. Sometimes, Thunderbird opens,
sometimes even the opening does not occur.
For this reason, I try to reinstall the same version. Lets show the commands:

$ sudo apt-cache show thunderbird
version=17.0.5+build1-0ubuntu1

$ sudo apt-get purge thunderbird
$ sudo apt-get install thunderbird=17.0.5+build1-0ubuntu1

After the processing, the reinstalled Thunderbird continues to crash.
I don't want to reinstall the operating system. Actually, it's not
easy to do it becose of the low performance of the installer. However,
what can I do if Thunderbird is reinstalled? is 17.0.5+build1-0ubuntu1
 the best version of Thunderbird to use with Orca 3.8.0?
The problem of Calc is worse. I don't know how to reinstall it and
moreover I really needed to use it. Calc is crashing after it is
opened. the problem is that I dont rely it and I am always expecting a
data loss.
I suppose the problem starts when a system upgrade dialog is shown. I
don't know if the upgrade of the system was unsuccessful...
I did:

$ sudo apt-get update
$sudo apt-get upgrade

 The displayed message said me that only Thunderbird would be updated.
So I have aborted it.
Finally, I make the following questions:
1. Which are the most recommended versions of Thunderbird, Firefox and
Libreoffice?
2. Is the described crashes normal?
3. What is the command to reinstall Libreoffice?
4. Does someone know what is wrong?
Except for Thunderbird and Libreoffice, everything seems to be working well.
Regards,
Luciano
--
Luciano de Souza