Re: [orca-list] several critical issues

Strange thing is that most of the issues you mention appear to only occur on Intel-based machines. I was experiencing every one of your issues on an old Pentium IV Dell machine, and the additional problem that causes the entire Firefox window to be recognized as a tree, where I am unable to move. On my new AMD FX machine, I only occasionally experience the Firefox tree problem, and restarting Orca fixes it. The issues of sending Orca keybindings to the active application, slowness and inability to interrupt speech simply don't exist on this machine. I have tested this running both the stable release of Orca in Arch Linux and the git version. They both have serious problems on the P4 machine that make me want to toss it out the nearest airlock, but they both run quite smoothly with only the occasional hiccup on my new FX machine. Is there some sort of difference in the way Python, the at-spi or DBus interact with Intel vs. AMD processors/chipsets, maybe a strange difference in the instruction sets that could cause this? Can anyone else confirm my findings and/or propose a solution?
~Kyle