Re: [orca-list] Espeak voice variations are not displayed in Orca preferences dialog.

According to Christopher Chaltain:
# I don't have a ~/.speech-dispatcher/conf/speechd.conf file, but I do
# have a system wide /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf file.

This is fine. You can uncomment the DefaultCapLetRecognition line and change it to icon in your system-wide file just like you can in your home directory. You shouldn't have to create any user files if your speech-dispatcher is functioning normally. Having said this, it's possible that a system-wide speech-dispatcher configuration isn't getting certain pitch change notifications from Orca running as a user, but I don't se how this is the case, since everything else appears to work as expected.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/