Re: [orca-list] another playable Windows game under Wine

According to Thomas Ward:
# In my experience the big problem is that Wine outputs audio through
# alsa but Gnome is configured for pulse. Therefore you will end up with
# problems with games working in Wine. one way to resolve said problem
# is to run aoss bfore launching the game with Wine.

Sadly, this appears not to be the problem. I can hear game sounds if I press enter on a random game, but the SAPI speech is not working. I even tried padsp, but I got exactly the same result: game sound effects, but no speech.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk