Re: [orca-list] Problems with orca installation

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 10:10:09AM +1000, Jason White wrote:
Daniel Dalton <d dalton iinet net au> wrote:

Orca will not start.
I have to keep the old orca as well from debian installed, because of
dependencies, but this shouldn't matter (they are in different
locations). neither orca seems to work though.

I installed at-spi and atk as well.

Make sure you don't have any AT-SPI 1 packages lying around. You need

No at-spi is not installed, from debian, only installed this from
source.

at-spi2-core
gir1.2-atspi-2.0
libatk-adaptor
libatk-adaptor-data
python-pyatspi2
and obviously all their dependencies. I hope I haven't left out any
components.

Installed all of these, but still getting the same nasty errors...

If you're updating orca in Debian, I have found that the best solution is to
download the sources of the Debian package, update the Orca sources and build
a new Debian package.

Perhaps, though seems like a fair bit of trouble for something that
should be relatively straight forward.

I'll keep investigating further when I get a chance, but maybe it's
better just running from orca which is in the debian repository.

Do you know how far out of date orca in debian would be?

I'd of course like to try and solve the problem though.

Thanks for your help,
Dan