Re: [orca-list] orca just says welcome and that is all

covici ccs covici com <covici ccs covici com> wrote:
The version is 3.5.2-pre and as soon as the website responds  I will get
that debug information.

I looked up the details and discovered that you can use git describe to get a
nice string that specifies the latest tag and the latest commit.

When Orca is built from a repository, perhaps this information could be
included in the version info.

There are already shell scripts around to do this; obviously, one could be
found that is under an appropriate licence, and modified as required.

I'd call it a low priority wishlist item that helps debugging.