Re: [orca-list] sonar bersion based off of debian sid and wheezy

Yeah, Sonar probably isn't the absolute best distro(s) for servers, because they require lots of console stuff. At this point, I lean toward Debian for servers, although Ubuntu Server 12.04, being based on Debian, isn't bad, and CentOS is also good, though just a bit older. Ubuntu Server is probably the easiest to get Speakup running on, since it should have a late enough kernel to have it enabled.

My server is a VPS, and I don't have direct access to the physical box, so I usually connect via ssh in GNOME-terminal. But if you have direct access to a physical box, Ubuntu 12.04 Server is probably best for getting Speakup going. I'm not sure, but I don't think it requires Pulse either, since that appears to be a GNOME requirement. Of course I'm still partial to Arch, but some people believe it is too bleeding-edge for servers, and they're probably right, as it is a rolling release. It's definitely a contender though, especially if you use the Talking Arch installer.
~Kyle
http://kyle.tk/--
"Kyle? ... She calls her cake, Kyle?"