Re: [orca-list] Using gnome 3 on ubuntu 12.04

Hello Mike,

Gnome 3.4 is quite a bit different from earlier versions of Gnome and
you'll have to learn some of the new hot keys and commands to navigate
the environment. For example, if you press the Windows key or alt+f1
you are taken to the overview. From there you need to control+alt+tab
to another area of the Dash and tab to the applications button to
bring up the apps menu. Alternatively when you bring up the overview
you can simply begin typing the name of the program launcher and a
list of buttons will appear that matches what you typed. So if you
type "Fire" a button for Firefox will appear on the overview, and you
can tab to it and launch Firefox. If you want all the apps beginning
with a certain letter just typing something like "F" and pressing tab
a number of launchers will appear such as File Roller, Firefox,
Filezilla, and whatever else you might have installed that begins with
the letter F.

HTH