Re: [orca-list] gnome-shell and the alt+f1 key

I think that what is happening here is that we are all learning by
exploration.  Any deviation from the behavior we are used to in the
old interface causes confusion.  I don't think it's that people are
misunderstanding the docs so much as trying out the applications and
learning on the fly.  I for one am guilty of this, I confess.  I don't
like reading docs with Orca if they are online because I don't like
the browser experience recent improvements not withstanding and I've
yet to find a decent way of accessing pdf's.  What I'll do sometimes
is read docs with windows using Jaws or NVDA, launch a Linux session
and then go at it after I've read them but, often times, I just sort
of "learn by doing."  It's actually the very best way to learn
something.  I'll admit thought that it would be nice to have the
documentation readily available on the fly.  Are there any plain text
versions one could read with gedit?  Emacspeak is another option since
you can actually go to the gnome pages using emacs w-3 but my Precise
installation can't seem to track down the necessary development files
to compile espeak against pulse audio.  This makes for choppy speech
with entire syllables chopped off at the end of words but that is
another topic for another list.

Just my two cents,
Alex M