Re: [orca-list] Libreoffice with Arch linux

>Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 15:39:55 -0400
>From: Thomas Ward <thomasward1978 gmail com>
>To: orca-list <orca-list gnome org>
>Subject: Re: [orca-list] Libreoffice with Arch linux
>
>Hi Christian,
>
>Libreoffice uses the same names as OpenOffice like Writer, Calc, Draw,
>etc. However, I'm not sure of the exact executable names as All the
>icons are properly setup in Ubuntu 11.04, and I can launch them from
>the apps menu and never had to try and launch them from the run
>dialog. However, I'm sure the word processor executable would be
>something with the name writer in it since Libreoffice is nothing more
>or less than an updated OpenOffice under a new name.

I set up a couple of aliases to ski the splash logo:

alias swrite="libreoffice -writer -nologo"
alias scalc="libreoffice -calc -nologo"

The executible should be /usr/bin/libreoffice (although I think they keep the /usr/bin/soffice links/program for compatibility).  Try libreoffice -help for a list of options.  If that doesn't work, you can see what files are in an arch package with:

pacman -Ql libreoffice

or whatever installed package your interested in.

hope this helps:-)